Buyer’s Guide 2021 – Vol 49 #1
Buyer’s Guide 2021 published week of August 31, 2020
photo: ERIC BERGER * skier: Chad Sayers * snow: Blackcomb
photo: AXEL ADOLFSSON * skier: Joel Pollinger * snow: Engelberg, Switzerland
Buyer’s Guide 2021 issue
Vol 49 #1
2021 BUYER’S GUIDE
Canada’s largest, most extensive guide to new gear starts off the ski season.
BY RYAN STUART, Technical Editor
(more test reports post soon)
- DPS Pagoda Piste 90 RP
- Dynastar M-Pro 90 * Editors’ Choice
- Elan Ripstick * Editors’ Choice*
- Faction Agent 3.0
- Faction Prodigy 2.0X * women *
- Fischer RC4 CT * Editors’ Choice
- Head Power Joy * women *
- Head Supershape E-Rally
- Instinct Transcend * women*
- K2 Disruption 82 Ti * Editors’ Choice
- K2 Disruption MTI Alliance * women * Editors’ Choice
- Nordica Enforcer 94
- Nordica Santa Anna * women*
- Rossignol BlackOps Rallybird *Editors’ Choice* women*
- Rossignol BlackOps Sender Ti * Editors’ Choice*
- Salomon Stance 88 * women *
- Salomon Stance 96 * Editors’ Choice *
- Völkl Blaze 106 *Editors’ Choice*
Have multi-resort passes changed the way you ski?
BY STEVEN THRENDYLE
MAKING TRACKS IN NORTHERN B.C.
Hop on the Skeena Express! Northern Escape Heli, Shames, Skeena Cat and Smithers.
BY ANDREW FINDLAY
HOW WE SPENT OUR CORONACATION
Owning a remote cat-ski lodge always has its challenges, but the lockdown last March took the
Osak family off in all directions. BY PAUL OSAK
DOWN EAST CAPER
Let Cape Smokey inspire you to ski-tour the Cape Breton Highlands.
BY RON BETTS
KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
In these crazy times, Italy provides fodder when thinking about our next great ski adventure. We asked six well-travelled Ski Canada contributors for their best memories of peaks, powder and pasta.
FIRST TRACKS From One Season to Another
The editor has his run.
BY IAIN MacMILLAN
- K2: The Impossible Descent
- Big Dreams for Zincton
- Where are they now – You probably remember these names, but do you know what they’re up to today?
- The Swiss Connection – Zermatt’s most ambitious lift-building this century
A skiers’ gallery.
CAUGHT & SHOT
BY Graham McKerrell